What is an Explainer?
In a nutshell, explainers are videos that typically explain a product, service, idea, movement, or whatever story needed to be told.
What's great about Explainers is that they feel more open, honest, transparent, and informative than traditional advertising. If you're new to making videos, or want more information about how we can, you can find many answers below.
Do I really need a video for my organization?
If you're an online-facing organization, you absolutely need a video. While the positive benefits are numerous, we've narrowed it down to 5 reasons why they're so important:
- Videos explain - they convey information much more succinctly and understandably than a PowerPoint or hour-long meeting.
- Videos engage - Videos are proven to consistently engage audiences of all kinds better than text or picture-based content - no matter the subject matter.
- Videos entertain - explainers can take any subject and turn it into a compelling piece that's not only interesting, but has a little fun grabbing its audience, and communicates in plain English so anyone can relate to it.
- Videos build trust - if an organization trusts their product, service, or idea enough, and its positive impact it has on the world, showcasing that in a video makes that conviction even stronger. And your audience will trust you for it.
- Videos are shared - a presentation lives and dies in the conference room or is lost in an email inbox. But a video can be shared on someone's laptop or desktop, in their pocket on their smartphone, or anywhere they have a screen with Internet access. Your video works for you whenever and wherever it's needed.
Trust us - your video is going to come in handy more often than you'd think.
We have a simple, painless, and straight-forward approach to making videos.
- We have our first conversation, where you explain what's on your mind so far, why you want a video, and what you're looking to explain. From there we help you figure out what the best approach is and how much that costs. If everything sounds good, papers get signed and we get to work!
- We talk further about your project. You send us a bullet-list of everything you want to include in your video, as well anything about your organization, product, service, idea, industry, or whatever other research we can get our hands on. What's great about this part is that we're not in the bubble of your industry. This means that we're not too attached to any one part of your story, and can narrow the focus of your video so it has the maximum impact on your audience. From there we create a script, send it to you, and we go back and forth editing it until it's at the final draft.
- This is where you can take a break for a while, and let us work our magic.
If we're making an animation, we start making the graphics, record the voice-over, draw up storyboards, etc. Then we start the long, grueling, but always exciting process of animation.
If it's a live-action video, we start finding locations, actors, crew, equipment, etc. Then we set a day (or more), get everything together, and it's lights, camera, action! From there we start cutting your film.
After countless clicks, cups of coffee, and late nights, we press the "render" button, and the first cut of your video is produced, and we deliver it to you for review.
- This is where you come back in. You review our first cut, give us some notes, and we chisel the video a little further to get it just right. This process can be super quick, or take a little while - but we're comfortable taking as much time as necessary to make the video ship-shape and picture-perfect.
- Once everyone agrees we have a masterpiece on our hand, we render the final project, upload it to it's final resting place on the web and, as they say in Hollywood, that's a wrap! And, unless we're in the same location, we can exchange a digital clink of champagne glasses and take another good look at our finished work. We earned it!
Short answer - thousands of dollars.
Long answer - We run a highly lean and efficient organization at PictoMoto. Because of this, we're able to keep production costs extremely low. You won't find another video production firm that offers the same quality of explainer videos at the same prices.
The cost of a PictoMoto video production is broken down based on length of the video and the scope of the project. But the best way to find out for sure is to drop us a note, and we'd be happy to give you a quote.
We'd be happy to answer any and every question you have about our process, pricing, and whatever else you can think of. Reach out to our Creative Director at firstname.lastname@example.org and he'll get back to you right away.
About the Founder
Devin Polaski wears many hats, so if you'd like to learn more, visit this page.
Follow us to get our latest films, videos, podcasts, music, and writing.